Our trading post maintains a room stocked with custom spun wool and warp used for Navajo weaving. Our weft yarns are custom spun to our specifications and are not generally available from other sources.
|Trading Post 3-ply Warp$20.00 per skein
Brown Sheep Rug Warp-Small Cone
$13.50 per cone
One cone warps a 4′x6′ weaving at 8 ends per inch
Brown Sheep Rug Warp-Large Cone
$40.00 per cone
Will warp two to three large weavings at 8 ends per inch
|Burnham Trading Post Weaving Yarns
$8.00 per 4 oz. skein
|Burnham’s Trading Post Vegetal Yarn
$10.50 per skein
Vegetal colors cannot be duplicated. Be sure to order enough yarn to complete your project.
|Not sure how much yarn to buy? Consult our handy yarn calculator below!
|How much weft yarn do I need?
- Take the width of your project in inches and multiply by 125%
- Multiply the result by the number of rows per inch that you weave. This will give you the number of inches of yarn per inch of weaving.
- Multiply the result by the number of inches in your weaving. This is the total number of inches of yarn you will need.
- Divide by 36 to get the number of yards you’ll need.
- Allocate the result based on the relative amount of each color you will use.
- You can’t have too much yarn, so don’t worry if you go over.
Example: 24″x36″ rug
- 24″x125%=30″ per row
- 30″per rowx40 rows per inch (or number of rows you weave per inch)=1200 inches per inch of weaving
- 1200″ x 36″ inches of weaving = 43200″ total for project
- 43200″ / 36″= 1200 yards of yarn needed or about six skeins of #1